Saturday, 30 July 2011

UNCLE SILAS: EARTH begins...

Arts SA are a lovely, generous bunch. They've given me a grant to produce the first draft of the sequel graphic novel Uncle Silas: Earth. I'll be working on that over the next several months, collating my research, writing and storyboarding simultaneously approximately 160 pages of action, drama and sci-fi fun.

I won't be hindered by the Sunday Newspaper format for this one, so I'm going to let rip with the page layouts and design. Scenes will breathe on the page and fill out as their needs require, which is something I'm very much looking forward to doing. I can't wait to finish this book!!

As for what's going to happen in this story? You'll just have to wait and see, but I can tell you this much: The only constant in this universe is change. Oh, and there'll be more monsters than in book 1, you can be sure of that!

1 comment:

dave said...

Ok, so I forgot to add 'death and taxes' in there. Safe to say taxes won't be making an appearance, though.