Friday, 24 July 2009

BEANBOY ERRATA


Well, the printer was in such a rush to fill my Beanboy comic order that he accidentally stuffed up. The inside covers are missing the introduction text and pics, so here is my errata for those who are already receiving their signed copies and will be wondering just why I neglected to use all the blank space you first see...
This should set things straight!

Welcome to the Big Book of Bean!

Finally, the completed Beanboy pages collected in one book! Yes, the story just stops short for no apparent reason and unfortunately, I never got around to finishing it. Life happened.

I was just warming up to big and grand

extended narratives with these characters when I started developing my

newspaper comic strip ideas instead. Beanboy was to have explored

underwater realms and subterranean vistas and begun communicating

somewhat unwillingly with the (un)dead thanks to the Doctor’s experiments. He may well do so one day, if I ever have the time.


A 2 minute animated pilot was even done with the talented Mr Greg Holfeld and with the assistance of the South Australian Film Commission for a planned series of interstitial cartoons. Alas, there have been no takers and the Bean was canned.


The primal tropical forest world eventually became the basis for my

newspaper comic strip idea Uncle Silas. In fact, if you look closely in the graphic novel, you may just see Beanboy and the Doctor make an appearance somewhere...



Entire contents, Beanboy and related characters © David Follett 2009.

All rights reserved. No portion of this publication may be reproduced without express written permission of the copyright holder except for purposes of review.

Printed by Jeffries Printing Services www.jeffriesprinting.com.au

Printed on 100% recycled paper.


I should add here, that all 3 of my comics and several postcards are printed on 100% recycled paper.


No comments: