Monday, 22 June 2009

EARLY KOOKABARRY


In collating all my run of kookabarry for a collected volume for supanova expo, I found a bunch of early versions of the characters in a story I never got around to finishing. Highly influenced by pogo, I eventually pared it down after realising that comics are often reproduced in newspapers at about the same size as two fingers. Looking back, these strips look incredibly baroque and rococo in detail. I seriously tried to cram as much into each panel as I could. What was I thinking?!?



2 comments:

Anton said...

You were thinking right. They'll look great in a book or nice and big online (like here!). Very nice... and enjoying the blog.

dave Follett said...

Cheers, Anton!
I've got years of sketchbook stuff I'll upload eventually... to my shame! ha.